We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|TC-5 Fusion Cannon|
|First Found||Recreation Deck|
Heavy Weapons: 6
|Modification||4 (1st) / 6 (2nd)|
|Magazine Size||40 / 80|
|Attack Types||Normal Mode|
|Damage||20 (Normal Mode)|
30 (Death Mode)
|Summon Code||fusion cannon|
The TC-5 Fusion Cannon is a usable weapon in System Shock 2 and the last non-organic weapon you can find. This weapon fires a slow, powerful projectile that explodes on impact.
There are three Fusion Cannons in the game:
- The first one is carried by a corpse located near the Transmitter, on the Recreation Deck, and is broken
- The second one is located on top of a piece of machinery on UNN Rickenbacker's Deck A near the broken Meson Field
- The last one is located inside a High Security Crate next to the Resurrection Station on Rickenbacker Deck A
|Prisms - Crystal prisms, which are a good energy storage medium and allow the Fusion Cannon to operate.|
- Normal Mode - It fires a slow projectile when the trigger is pulled.
- Death Mode - It fires a even slower projectile when the trigger is pulled, but deals significantly more damage.
- Level 1 - Increases battery size from 40 to 80 and increases damage to 110% of normal.
- Level 2 - Reduces ammunition use by 50% and increases damage to 125% of normal.
- Due to the slow projectile speed this weapon should only be used on slow/stationary foes, such as Turrets and droids.
- DEATH mode inflicts more damage and has a larger blast radius but doesn't use any extra amount of ammunition. Arguably, it should be used as the default firing mode.
- Although it's a level 6 weapon, the Grenade Launcher can deal a lot more damage. This is partly due to the fact that level 6 weapons do not receive any bonus damage from combat skills.
- The Fusion Cannon can only deal 100% more damage to fully mechanical opponents, while EMP Grenades can deal 300% more damage to them. Moreover, the Grenade Launcher has different types of ammo to handle different types of enemies.
- Prisms are commonly found later in the game and are very inexpensive to purchase. In fact, only standard bullets are cheaper than prisms.
- In later parts of the game, the Fusion Cannon can by used by Heavy Weapons specialists as a replacement for the Pistol to eliminate Security Cameras and Grubs.
- The Fusion Cannon can seriously hurt you when used at close range. It's best to use another weapon when fighting these enemies.
- This weapon shares its ammo with the Stasis Field Generator. It's usually best to choose one or the other as your secondary weapon.
- This weapon is marked with the number 397 on its chassis, along with indecipherable letters below.
- TC-5 Fusion Cannon was most likely designed by TetraCorp, even if it's produced by TriOptimum.