|TC-11 "Brick" Grenade Launcher|
|First Found||MedSci Deck|
|Requirements||Heavy Weapons: 1|
|Modification||1 (1st) / 3 (2nd)|
|Magazine Size||6 / 9|
|Attack Types||Contact Detonation|
|Summon Code||gren launcher|
The TC-11 "Brick" Grenade Launcher is a weapon that appears in System Shock 2. It is the most basic heavy weapon in the game. Unlike the earlier generations of launchers, the TC-11 utilizes a reverse polarization magnetic launching mechanism instead of compressed gas.
It is one of the most useful weapons in the game, dealing large amount of damage to almost any type of enemy - provided the right ammo is used. Grenades of all kind are fairly plentiful throughout the whole game.
This is also the first found weapon to feature splash damage.
A Marine can choose to start the game with this weapon.
Many players find it first in the Hydroponics Deck Sector B. However, there is also a broken Grenade Launcher in the MedSci Deck's Crew Quarters.
The Grenade Launcher requires Heavy Weapons skill level 1 to operate. No research is required.
|Fragmentation Grenades - The basic ammunition type. Does Standard damage to all enemies.|
|Proximity Grenades - A grenade that functions like a landmine and deals Standard Damage. This grenade will explode when directly contacting an enemy, otherwise it will have a slight delay before it starts functioning as a mine. The proximity mine will explode if either the player or any enemy approaches it.|
|Incendiary Grenades - Does large amount of Incendiary damage to biological targets, but is negligible against mechanical targets.|
|EMP Grenades - Does large amount of EMP damage to mechanical enemies, but does no damage to fully organic targets.|
|Disruption Grenades - Available later on in the game. This is a direct upgrade of the Fragmentation Grenade. Although it has a smaller blast radius, it does huge amounts of Standard damage to any type of enemy.|
Note: Fragmentation, Proximity and Disruption Grenades all deal Standard damage.
- Contact Detonation - The grenades will explode on impact.
- Bounce Detonation - The grenades will bounce around and explode/arm three seconds later.
- Level 1 - Increases clip size from 6 to 9 and increases damage to 200% of normal.
- Level 2 - Increases grenades' speed by 50%, reduces reload time by 33% and increases damage to 228% of normal.
- The Grenade Launcher is the most powerful weapon (damage per shot) in System Shock 2, assuming the player fulfils the following requirements:
- As a Level 1 weapon, it gains a damage bonus of 75% when the player reaches Heavy Weapons skill Level 6;
- It gains an extremely high amount of bonus damage from modifications;
- The Sharpshooter O/S Upgrade provides this weapon an extra damage of 35%; 
- When the right ammunition is used, it can deal bonus damage to nearly any existing enemy.
- Grenade Hybrids have a decent chance of having 3 Fragmentation Grenades on their corpse after being killed. Because Grenade Hybrids are a common, respawning enemy in the later levels, this makes Frag Grenades a renewable resource (similar to Rifled Slugs for the 10 Gauge Shotgun, which are routinely dropped by Shotgun Hybrids).
- Although ammo for this weapon is plentiful, it's actually hard to stack a large amount of a specific type of grenades. Players who mainly use it are likely to purchase ammo on later stages, and hence it may not an ideal weapon on higher difficulties.
- Regardless of difficulty, users of this weapon should choose the Replicator Expert O/S Upgrade as soon as they have a need to purchase grenades.
- Every replicator selling EMP Grenades is broken, and EMP Grenade clips will not be available until that replicator is hacked. Try to make every EMP Grenade count unless you are able to purchase them.
- EMP Grenades deal the same damage to half-mechanical enemies as the more common Fragmentation Grenades, so save your EMP Grenades for fully mechanical enemies.
- On Command Deck, the quest-related Replicator in Shuttle control sells Incendiary Grenade clips, and is normally the last chance to buy them before entering the Body of the Many.
- Take note that (strangely enough) EMP Grenades do not damage SHODAN's shields at all.
- Since Disruption Grenades are unaffected by modifications, Fragmentation Grenades are, in fact, superior to them.
- Proximity Grenades can be used as a weaker variant of Fragmentation Grenades to eliminate a group of Grubs or Protocol Droids.
- Normally, Modification level 1 of any weapon increases its damage by 10%, but that of the Grenade Launcher increases its damage by 100%.
- Disruption Grenades do not gain any damage bonus from modifications.
- The Grenade Launcher has more ammunition types than any other weapon in System Shock 2.
- TC-11 "Brick" Grenade Launcher was most likely designed by TetraCorp.