|TC-11 "Brick" Grenade Launcher|
|First Found on||MedSci Deck|
|Requirements||Heavy Weapons: 1|
|Modification||1 (1st) / 3 (2nd)|
|Ammunition|| Fragmentation Grenades|
|Magazine Size||6 / 9|
|Attack Types|| Contact Detonation|
|Damage|| 20 (Frag)|
|Summon Code||gren launcher|
The TC-11 "Brick" Grenade Launcher is a weapon that appears in System Shock 2. It is the most basic heavy weapon in the game. Unlike the earlier generations of launchers, the TC-11 utilizes a reverse polarization magnetic launching mechanism instead of compressed gas.
It is one of the most useful weapons in the game, dealing large amount of damage to almost any type of enemy - provided the right ammo is used. Grenades of all kind are fairly plentiful throughout the whole game.
A Marine can choose to start the game with this weapon.
Many players find it first in the Hydroponics Deck Sector B. However, there is also a broken Grenade Launcher in the MedSci Deck's Crew Quarters.
The Grenade Launcher requires Heavy Weapons skill level 1 to operate. No research is required.
|Fragmentation Grenades - The basic ammunition type. Does Standard damage to all enemies.|
|Proximity Grenades - Launches a grenade that functions like a landmine and deals Standard Damage. The grenade will explode when directly contacting an enemy,otherwise, it will have a slight delay before it starts functioning as a mine. The mine will explode if either the player or any enemy approaches it. Shooting a mine will also cause it to explode.|
|Incendiary Grenades - Does large amounts of Incendiary damage to biological targets, but is negligible against mechanical targets.|
|EMP Grenades - Does large amounts of EMP damage to mechanical enemies, and stuns them temporarily, but does no damages to fully organic targets.|
|Disruption Grenades - Available later on in the game and are designed as a direct upgrade of the Fragmentation Grenades. Although it has a smaller blast radius, it does huge amounts of Standard damage to any type of enemy.|
Note: Proximity and Disruption grenades have the same damage type as Standard grenades.
- Contact Detonation - The grenades will explode on impact.
- Bounce Detonation - The grenades will bounce around and explode three seconds later.
- Upgrade 1 - Increases clip size (6 to 9) and increased damage 100%.
- Upgrade 2 - Increases projectile speed by 50%, reduces reload time by 2/3, and increases damage bonus to a total of 128%.
- The Grenade Launcher is the most powerful weapon (damage per shot) in System Shock 2, assuming the player fulfils the following requirements:
- As a Level 1 weapon, it gains a damage bonus of 75% when the player reaches Heavy Weapons skill Level 6;
- It gains an extremely high amount of bonus damage from modifications;
- The Sharpshooter O/S Upgrade provides this weapon an extra damage of 35%; 
- When the right ammunition is used, it can deal bonus damage to nearly any existing enemy.
- Grenade Hybrids have a decent chance of having 3 frag grenades on their corpse after being killed. Because Grenade Hybrids are a common, respawning enemy in the later levels, this makes frag grenade ammo for the grenade launcher a renewable resource (similar to shotgun slugs for the 10 Gauge Shotgun, which are routinely dropped by Shotgun Hybrids).
- Although ammo for this weapon is plentiful, it's actually hard to stack a large amount of a specific type of grenades. Players who mainly use it are likely to purchase ammo on later stages, and hence it may not an ideal weapon on higher difficulties.
- Regardless of difficulty, users of this weapon should choose the Replicator Expert O/S Upgrade as soon as they have a need to purchase grenades.
- Every replicator selling EMP Grenades is broken, and EMP Grenade clips will not be available until that replicator is hacked. Try to make every EMP Grenade count unless you are able to purchase them.
- On Command Deck, the quest-related Replicator in Shuttle control sells Incendiary Grenade clips, and is normally the last chance to buy them before entering The Body of the Many.
- Take note that (strangely enough) EMP Grenades do not damage SHODAN's shields at all.
- Since Disruption Grenades are unaffected by modifications, Fragmentation Grenades are, in fact, superior to them.
- Proximity Grenades have a chance to explode before enemies get into the blast radius, and cannot be recovered, making them impractical as traps. However, they can be used as a weaker variant of Fragmentation Grenades, and eliminate a group of Grubs or Protocol Droids.
- Normally, Modification level 1 of any weapon increases its damage by 10%, but that of the Grenade Launcher increases its damage by 100%.
- Disruption Grenades do not gain any damage bonus from modifications.
- The Sharpshooter O/S Upgrade normally increases the damage of an ranged weapon by 15%, but gives the Grenade Launcher an extra damage of 35%.
- The Grenade Launcher has more ammunition types than any other weapon in System Shock 2.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9964
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/185706-system-shock-2/faqs/41882
|System Shock 2 Weapons|
|Standard Weapons||Talon M2A3 .45 Caliber Pistol • Wrench • 10 Gauge Shotgun • M-22 Assault Rifle|
|Energy Weapons||Apollo H4 Argon-Suspension Laser Pistol • Dual-Circuit EMP Rifle • Mark IV Laser Rapier|
|Heavy Weapons||TC-11 "Brick" Grenade Launcher • Stasis Field Generator • TC-5 Fusion Cannon|
|Exotic Weapons||Crystal Shard • Viral Proliferator • Annelid Launcher|
|Psi Weapons||Black-Ops Psionic Amplifier • Psi Sword|