|"If you desired, you could improve this page... transform it..."|
This article is a stub. You can help SHODANPEDIA, The System Shock Wiki
by expanding the page and adding more information to it.
|System Shock 3|
|Developed by||OtherSide Entertainment|
|Genre(s)||First Person Shooter|
~ SHODAN on the official website
System Shock 3 was announced on 8th December of 2015 through a teaser site displaying a five day countdown. Each day, new letters would appear to finally form the phrase "she's back" along with the number 3. Additionally, it was possible to find parts of SHODAN's message:
While Nightdive Studios still owns the rights to the System Shock franchise and are in the process of making a remake of the original System Shock, they licensed the rights to develop a sequel to OtherSide Entertainment, a studio formed of ex-Looking Glass' and Irrational Games' developers who worked on one or both games of the System Shock series. Among them are Looking Glass' founder and ex-creative director Paul Neurath, and ex-Irrational Games concept artists Robb Waters and Nate Wells. Terri Brosius, SHODAN's original voice actress would also return.
The game was initially to be published by Starbreeze Studios who helped finance the project. They found themselves in dire straits and Otherside parted ways with them in February 2019, pledging to continue the development.
Following the release of the game's pre-alpha footage in September 2019, rumors of Otherside's inside problems began emerging, mentioning the game being critically behind schedule and the team members being laid off.
In February 2020 things took a turn for the worse when it was reported that System Shock 3's development team was no longer employed at Otherside.
Warren Spector said that the story will delve into the background of Edward Diego.
He also mentioned that the major focus of the story will be SHODAN's motivations:
- "In System Shock 3 I want to explore SHODAN's motivations. In the first two games her plan was to destroy humanity because, with the removal of her ethical constraints by the Hacker in the first game, she's going insane. But we never explained why she wants to destroy humanity. So we're going to be exploring the idea of a super intelligence and what would motivate a super intelligent AI."
- System Shock 3 Might Come To PS4 And Xbox One, Not Just PC
- Teaser and official website of System Shock 3.
- System Shock 3 Formally Announced Oh Gosh It Is Real on Rock Paper Shotgun
- System Shock 3 is officially happening
- System Shock 3 Art