|First Found on||MedSci Deck|
|Recycleable||Yes, 2 Nanites / Hypo|
|Duplicative||1 for 20 Nanites|
|Summon Code||strength boost|
The Strength-Boost pharmaceutical confers one point of strength, up to a maximum of eight points, for five minutes. Vita-Hyb, the makers of Strength-Boost, have been rumored to sell surgically implantable Strength-Boost drip packages for athletes, though such things are, of course, highly illegal.
- Using Strength Boosters has many benefits that are associated with increased Strength: more inventory slots (especially useful when the stat is low) and much bigger melee damage bonus (useful mostly when STR is high). They can also help meet the minimal requirements of most armors and some weapons.
- While these Hypos can be potentially useful throughout the whole game (giving crucial inventory slots early, and saving Cybernetic Modules on very costly Upgrades later), they are also unreliable. There is no timer of their effect and once it quietly ends, armors and weapons can be unequipped, and several items dropped onto the floor.
- Neither the length nor the intensity of the effect (it's only possible to gain one additional point of Strength using these) accumulate with more Hypos used. Therefore it's advisable to use them one-by-one as they stop working.
- It is recommended to consult the MFD (its STATS/Statistics tab) to check if they are still active.
- The effect of these Boosters will automatically expire if the player uses a Bulkhead (or any other level transition) or loads a game in which they have been used before saving. This is a major problem when using these.
- It is possible to combine these Hypos and either a BrawnBoost™ Implant and/or Psychogenic Strength Psi Power.
- Strength Boosters are extremely rare as an item pickup. Throughout the entire game only two of them can be found: the first early in MedSci Deck's Science Sector (in a small niche close to the ceiling, near a Slug Turret), and the second one in Recreation C (on a female body in an egg-ridden room behind the O/S Upgrade Machine).