|First Found on||MedSci Deck|
|Recycleable||Yes, 2 Nanites / Hypo|
|Duplicative||1 for 20 Nanites|
|Summon Code||speed boost|
The Vita-Hyb SpeedBoost Hypo confers twenty seconds of double speed. Popular among high-school students for a dangerous street sport of "Crash Careening", the SpeedBoost Hypo can also be invaluable in emergencies.
- For most convenient access, use Options > Customize Controls menu to assign a hotkey to "Use Speed Booster".
- The effect of these Boosters will automatically expire if the player uses a Bulkhead (or any other level transition) or loads a game in which they have been used before saving. This can actually be a blessing if they need to be "turned off", since their extreme speeds can be dangerous.
- Neither the length nor the intensity of the effect accumulate with more Hypos used. Therefore it's advisable to use them one-by-one as they stop working.
- Even with a low Agility level, these Boosters make you move so fast that any impact with terrain may result in damage or or even death. With that in mind, they're very useful for moving down long corridors quickly, especially on the Decks of the Von Braun. In the later stages of the game the spaces are possibly too tight with too many items to collide with.
- A safe approach to use them is to move only while crouching (still faster than regular movement without Speed Boosters). That way getting hurt is harder, possible mostly when stepping over an uneven terrain or object.
- These could potentially be used as an alternative to increasing the Agility skill. It should be noted though that the Agility still needs to be increased to meet the minimum requirement of the Mark IV Laser Rapier or the Worm Launcher.
- Speed Boosters do not influence weapon kickback, nor damage from falls.
- It is possible to combine these and SwiftBoost™ Implants for even more speed.
- These Hypos can also be combined with illegal RunFast™ Implant, giving quadruple boost of speed. Watch out, as even crouching probably won't prevent you from accidental damage or even instant death when bumping into the walls... or other surfaces!
- Of course, these are good for speedrunning.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.