|First Found on||MedSci Deck|
|Recycleable||Yes, 2 Nanites / Hypo|
|Duplicative||1 for 20 Nanites|
|Summon Code||speed boost|
Popular among high-school students for the dangerous street sport of "Crash Careening", these hypos can also be invaluable in emergencies.
- For fastest access in an emergency, use the Options Panel to assign a hotkey to "Use Speed Booster".
- It is important to note that the effect of these boosters will automatically expire if the player goes through a bulkhead or any other level transition or even loads the game in which they have been used before saving.
- Length of the effect does not accumulate with more hypos used. Therefore it's advisable to use them one-by-one as they stop working.
- Even with a low Agility level, these hypos make you move so fast that any impact with terrain may result in damage or death. With that in mind, they're very useful for moving down long corridors quickly, especially on the decks of the Von Braun. In the later stages of the game the spaces are possibly too tight with too many items to collide with.
- A safe approach to use them is to move only while crouching (it's faster than regular movement without Speed Boosters). That way getting hurt is way harder, only possible when stepping over an uneven terrain or object.
- These could potentially be used as an alternative to increasing the Agility skill. It should be noted though that the Agility still needs to be increased to meet the minimum requirement for the Mark IV Laser Rapier.
- Speed Boosters do not influence weapon kickback nor damage from falls.
- It is possible to combine these and SwiftBoost™ Implants for even more speed.
- These hypos can also be combined with illegal RunFast™ Implant, giving quadruple boost of speed. Watch out, as even crouching probably won't prevent you from accidental damage or even instant death when bumping into the walls or other surfaces!
- Of course, these are good for speedrunning.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.