|First Encounter|| Operations Deck|
|Splash Damage|| No |
Explosion: 8 (Standard)
|Weakness|| Armor Piercing ammo (4x)|
EMP attacks (4x)
Energy attacks (2x)
Stasis Field Generator
|Loot|| 2 of the following:|
10 Prisms (15%)
no loot (80%)
Diagnostic/Repair Module [always] [with Cyber-Assimilation O/S Upgrade]
|Voiced by||Eric Brosius|
Security Bots first appear on the Operations and Recreation Decks. After destroying one, you should search its chassis for salvageable equipment. You can occasionally find prisms or containers of Iridium.
- The laser is more damaging than the Maintenance Robot's spark welder, and considerably more accurate. The Dual-Circuit EMP Rifle or EMP Grenades are the weapons of choice against robots, armor-piercing bullets also do a good job against them. Fragmentation Grenades are passable substitutes when necessary.
- Because of their bulk, Security Bots (and Maintenance Bots too) don't corner well. One of the best ways to take out a Security Bot when your defenses are minimal is to fall back to a position where the Bot will have to come through a door and turn to get you. This will allow you to either squeeze off three or four quick shots while it's turning, or take your shot and fall back to around another corner.
- A good strategy against all big bots in general is to lead them so they will follow us from the left-side corridor. This way their way is obstructed by the corner and they can't shoot. The opposite of this strategy is when they come out from a corridor that leads to our right: they can attack with just a part of their weapon arm around the corner, making it hard for us to attack them.
- Melee weapon users should approach all the big bots as close as possible, and press on when attacking, preferably from the bots' right side, whey they are harmless (until they turn). Either circle-strafing or pressing on while attacking (assuming they can't aim us) is a good strategy. Of course, their explosion will hurt us in a small way, since it deals high explosive damage.
- Their weapon deals energy-based damage that can be halved using Energy Reflection.
- The explosion of this robot deals distance dependent splash damage. This means that the further we are from it, the less damage we'll receive. The maximum damage of 8 is in the very center of the explosion and can only be received if the robot moves towards the player, and the player approaches it from its side, moving fast enough.
- If you have the Cyber-Assimilation O/S upgrade, you can extract a Diagnostic/Repair Module from this robot that heals you by 15 hit points upon use.
- The Security Robot is vulnerable to the Stasis Field Generator and the Electron Suppression Psi Power.
|System Shock 2 Enemies|
|Annelids||Grub • Grub Egg • Swarm Egg • Toxic Egg • Black Egg • Infant Arachnid • Adult Arachnid • Invisible Arachnid • Psi-Reaver|
|Pipe Hybrid • Shotgun Hybrid • Grenade Hybrid • Blue Monkey • Red Monkey • Rumbler|
|Security Camera • Maintenance Robot • Security Robot • Assault Robot • Protocol Droid • Slug Turret • Laser Turret • Blast Turret • Rickenbacker Turret|
|Cyborg Midwife • Cyborg Assassin • Red Assassin • Virtual Assassin|
|Bosses||Greater Psi-Reaver • Brain of The Many • SHODAN|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.