|"If you desired, you could improve this page... transform it..."|
This article is a stub. You can help SHODANPEDIA, The System Shock Wiki
by expanding the page and adding more information to it.
TriOptimum Combat-Optimized Neural-Data System Interface TCN-800 or Neural Interface is a sophisticated, military-class implant installed on an individual which allows to monitor bodily status, plug into Cyberspace and receive data from cybernetic devices and Hardware Attachments.
The Hacker was granted the Neural Interface by Edward Diego in return for his assistance on Citadel Station. The procedure was followed by a 6-month long healing process, in which the Hacker was put into a coma for that time.
- It registers a body’s vital functions and displays data output.
- Light Red line
- Registers heart rate and relative fatigue (physical weariness). Frequent peaks (6 to 7 visible at a time) indicate high fatigue, few peaks (1 or 2) indicate low fatigue.
- Light Blue line
- Represents energy usage (drawn by blasters and hardware items).
- Purple line
- Chi brain wave, which measures synapse response times.
- With hardware attachments these functions are also displayed:
- Yellow line
- Bio-contaminant exposure
- Dark Blue line
- Radiation exposure
- Health Indicator
- On the right, the health indicator shows the user's health. It shows a bar of little arrows from green (good) to red (poor and death risk). If the player dies after deactivating the cyborg conversion mode in the resurrection machine, he will resume the game from that point; otherwise, it is definite game over. Health can be restored by using Medi Dermal Patches and First Aid Kits, as well as activating the Healing Machine.
- Energy Indicator
- It indicates the power suit's energy, which can be used up by activating hardware attachments. If the energy indicator is drawn to zero, all the devices in use will be automatically deactivated. It can be recharged by using Battery Packs, or by drawing energy from the Power station.
- View Control
- System Analyzer
- Navigation and Mapping Unit
- Multimedia Data Reader
- Sensaround Multi-View Unit
- Biological Systems Monitor
- Turbo Motion Booster System
- Energy/Projectile Shield
- Target Identifier
- Head-Mounted Lantern
- Environmental Protection Suit
- Jump Jet
- Infrared Night Sight Unit
The neural interface has visual and auditory side effects, such as static after damage or a loss of vertical hold when exposed to Radiation.
- The Neural Interface registers Access Cards, access codes picked up in Cyberspace, allowing the user to open doors keyed to that codes.