|First Found on||MedSci Deck|
|Recycleable||Yes, 2 Nanites / MedKit|
|Duplicative||1 for 100 Nanites|
|Summon Code||medical kit|
This larger medical device completely heals the player, gradually filling the whole health bar. Increasing the Endurance statistic (using either an EndurBoost™ Implant, Psychogenic Endurance Psi power or the Stats Upgrade Unit) will not influence the end result (Hit Points will be at their maximum value for the target END stat). Any damage taken during the regeneration, however, will reduce the final health. Medical Kits do not purge Radiation nor heal Toxin.
- Unlike in System Shock, the healing process is not immediate.
- Upon consumption, the player is healed by 5 HP. After that, the player is healed 5 HP every 1,5 seconds until maximum health is reached (unless any harm have been received in the meantime).
- The maximum healing time is thus 37,5 seconds when used on Easy difficulty, with critically low health, maximum Endurance and Tank O/S Upgrade (maximum HP 130).
- Changing locations (using a bulkhead, elevator, ladder etc.) or saving and loading the game (even quicksaving then quickloading without pause) results in instant, full healing (unless any damage have been taken in between, in which case that amount is subtracted from the maximum Hit Points).
- Medicinal bags found in BioShock Infinite have exactly the same name.