|First Found on||Ramsey Center|
|Dropped by|| Pipe Hybrid (5%) x2|
Shotgun Hybrid (10%) x2
Grenade Hybrid (10%) x2
Cyborg Midwife (10%)
|Recycleable||Yes, 2 Nanites / Hypo|
|Duplicative||1 for 20 Nanites|
|Summon Code||med patch|
A Medical Hypo allows the player to regain lost Hit Points. The healed amount is 10 HP (12 HP with Pharmo-Friendly O/S Upgrade) on Normal and above difficulties, and 15 HP as alternately 14/16 HP (18 HP with Pharmo-Friendly O/S Upgrade) on Easy difficulty.
Designed as a quick fix for minor injuries, the ChemCal Medical Hypo injects a healing enzyme which can make a crude assessment of the patient's condition and somewhat alter the chemical makeup of the hypo to fit the case. In addition, the hypo contains a mixture of standard pain killers and anti-coagulants. Not meant as a treatment for serious injury, the Med Hypo will do in a pinch. The only downside is the rather sharp stick of the over-engineered vacc needle, which was nearly recalled in 2102 on its introduction. Strong litigation by TriOptimum's legal department eliminated that potentially costly eventuality.
- Immediately upon consumption, the player is healed 2 HP. After that, the same amount is given every 1.5 seconds, until the total healing value is reached.
- The total healing time of one Medical Hypo is thus 6 seconds (or 7.5 with Pharmo-Friendly) on Normal and above difficulties, and 9-10.5 (or 12) seconds on Easy difficulty.
- In contrast to System Shock, the healing process is not interrupted in any way when another Med Hypo is used while the previous still works. Thus one can take several Med Hypos instantly and expect full effect.
- What's more, changing locations (using a bulkhead, ladder, elevator etc.) or saving and loading the game (even quicksaving then quickloading without pause) gives the player an instant health boost with the total amount the Med Hypo(s) should heal (could be one Hit Point less).
- This also works combined with Annelid Healing Glands.