|First Found on||Hydroponics Deck|
|Summon Code||ice pick|
It does not use any Nanites.
Banned as illegal in most countries and aboard UNN ships, the ICE pick is nevertheless a great help for any hacker who can afford the prices the black market charges for the device. A persistent rumor in the Hacker underground is that "Cantor", the ICE pick's inventor, has offered his own ICE-breaking algorithms as a reward to anyone who can demonstrate to him a system the ICE pick can't break.
Its limited power supply and custom-programmed Nanites make it good for one use only. ICE picks are quite rare, so use them strategically.
- ICE picks are relatively rare and should be conserved for hacking high-value objects, which are too difficult for the player's skills.
- ICE picks effectively eliminate the need for Hacking skill above 4. The only objects in the game that have higher skill requirements are 3 High Security Crates and the GamePig™.
- A potential use is to hack a Replicator that stocks useful equipment and is located near the main elevator. Visiting this hacked Replicator at regular intervals can keep you well stocked without spending very much.
- The game requires the player to hack a Replicator in the Command Deck Shuttle Bay area. An ICE pick can be used for this for a non-hacking oriented player build.
- In the final battle against SHODAN, there are three Shield Interlock Terminals. Hacking these will lower her shield. Three ICE picks will make this task trivial.
- Likely named after Intrusion Countermeasures Electronics, a staple of cyberpunk terminology.