|Annelid Healing Gland|
|First Found on||Engineering Deck|
|Dropped by|| Grub Egg (30%)|
Swarm Egg (30%)
Toxic Egg (30%)
|Researchable||Yes, Research skill: 1|
|Research Time||1:20 (max)|
|Chemicals Needed||Os @ 25,2%|
The gland secretes a prolific mix of hormones and stimulatory enzymes, and a quickly dividing layer of cells spawns off multi-purpose circulatory cells. These cells seek out sites of tissue damage and graft themselves in, taking on the characteristics of the local host tissue in moments. The shared tissue compatibilities between human and annelid tissue allow this gland to be used for healing, though not as fully as it would in an annelid host. Once removed from the host's body, it can only be used once.
- Immediately upon consumption, the player is healed by 1 HP. After that, the player is healed 1 HP every 1,5 seconds until the total healing amount is reached.
- The total healing time of one Annelid Healing Gland is thus 21 seconds on Normal and above difficulties, and 31,5 seconds on Easy difficulty.
- The healing process is not interrupted in any way when the player consumes another organ while healing is in progress. Thus one can take several Healing Gland instantly and expect full effect.
- What's more, changing locations (using a bulkhead, ladder, elevator etc.) or saving and loading the game (even quicksaving then quickloading without pause) gives the player an instant HP boost of the value the gland(s) should heal (could be one HP less).
- This also works when combined with Medical Hypos.