Agility or AGI is one of the basic statistics in System Shock 2.
The maximum level of each statistic is 8. A player can only permanently upgrade Agility to level 6, while the last two levels require a combination of the following items/psionic disciplines:
Note that exceeding level 8 does not yield extra benefits.
Agility increases the movement speed of the player. Starting at 120%, one can gradually upgrade this statistic to move faster:
|Agility Level||Player Speed|
Agility affects weapon kickback. With AGI of 7 hardly any kickback is felt, while 8 results in no weapon kickback at all.
Agility also reduces slightly the damage taken from falling down.
- Moving can be even faster when looking diagonally instead of straight ahead. This applies to any level of Agility.
- It is important for every melee specialist to upgrade it, as one needs a high movement speed to dodge attacks, and match the pace of Cyborg Assassins. Agility 3 is also the requirement of the Mark VI Laser Rapier.
- If one mainly uses ranged weapons, Agility should be on a lower priority.
- Speed Boosters provide a short-term alternative to Agility.
- A logical O/S Upgrade for an agile player would be Speedy, as it complements high AGI well, granting very swift movement (without any damage usually associated with Speed Boosters).
|System Shock 2 Character Builds|
|Classes||Marine • Navy • O.S.A. Agent|
|Statistics||Strength • Endurance • Psionic Ability • Agility • Cybernetic Affinity|
|Technical Skills||Hacking • Repair • Modify • Maintenance • Research|
|Combat Skills||Standard Weapons • Energy Weapons • Heavy Weapons • Exotic Weapons|
|O/S Upgrades||Cyber-Assimilation • Cybernetically Enhanced • Lethal Weapon • Naturally Able • Pack-Rat • Pharmo-Friendly •|
Power Psi • Replicator Expert • Security Expert • Sharpshooter • Smasher • Spatially Aware • Speedy •
Strong Metabolism • Tank • Tinker